Wig Stands For Cancer - Home
Grey-Bruce Woodturners Guild has joined with other guilds in a common initiative, making Wig Stands For Cancer which are donated to Oncology Departments at various hospitals on Ontario. Wig Stands For Cancer are offered to needing cancer patients who have suffered significant hair loss while undergoing cancer treatments. GBWG donates Wig Stands For Cancer to the Oncology Departments at Owen Sound Hospital and Sunnybrook Hospital. The current list of participating woodturning guilds follows.
- Grey-Bruce Woodturners Guild (GBWG), Kincardine
- Golden Horseshoe Woodturners Guild (GHWG), Burlington
- Kawartha Woodturners Guild (KaWG), Peterborough
- Simcoe Woodturners Guild (SWG), Barrie
- Toronto Woodturners Guild (TWG), Toronto
- Woodturners Guild of Ontario (WGO), Pickering
The Wig Stands For Cancer program has provided a valuable community outreach project within the guild which fosters a real kinship among the participating members. Members have a real sense of gratification knowing their hard work will help bring joy into the lives of cancer patients.